[Barcode Plugin] Problem with ios 10

[Barcode Plugin] Problem with ios 10

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 23 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
6 votes
Published on 23 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello,

It seems that this plugin has problems with ios 10 devices. When the plugin is triggered the camera doesn't open, and the plugin returns as available, but without sucess.

I was using the forge app "Field Services" with Outsystems Now and tested with multiple devices ( Android, ios 11 devices) all of them worked fine, except for ios 10.

The problem seems to be in the Javascript of the barcode, since the solution I found was to use another barcode reader in the forge, working fine in ios 10 devices.

Hi Diogo, 

Are you using the most recent version of this plugin? Recently I had some issues with it, but in my case it was with ios 11. After install the new one I could use it without any problem.

In other hand, check in the permissions for your app on device, if there is permission to access the camera. 

See this thread for more details. https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35085/problem-with-ios-11/

Best Regards 

Fabio Fantato

Hello Fábio,

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the Field Services app (this app uses this component), and I was using the latest version of the plugin and of the app Field Services.

I was using Outsystems Now, and i could check that the plugin was passing the available step has success, but the javascript where he would make the app open camera,etc...was allways returned with error has output.

I also tested this in other devices, android and ios 11, and the plugin was working fine in both of this cases.

I concluded that the problem may be in the plugin itself, since he was returning without success in the javascript that would make the functionality work. Since I didn't tested the plugin with the app instaled in the device I don't know if the problem may be also from the outsystems now app that could be in conflict with the plugin.

In the meantime, the solution I found was to use another barcode of the forge.

Edit: I also checked the permissions of the camera.

Best Regards,

Diogo Pereira

Diogo Pereira wrote:

Hello Fábio,

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the Field Services app (this app uses this component), and I was using the latest version of the plugin and of the app Field Services.

I was using Outsystems Now, and i could check that the plugin was passing the available step has success, but the javascript where he would make the app open camera,etc...was allways returned with error has output.

I also tested this in other devices, android and ios 11, and the plugin was working fine in both of this cases.

I concluded that the problem may be in the plugin itself, since he was returning without success in the javascript that would make the functionality work. Since I didn't tested the plugin with the app instaled in the device I don't know if the problem may be also from the outsystems now app that could be in conflict with the plugin.

In the meantime, the solution I found was to use another barcode of the forge.

Edit: I also checked the permissions of the camera.

Best Regards,

Diogo Pereira

Hi Diogo,

Probably you are right, maybe the plugin has any bug related to this. But you said you were testing only in outsystems now for while, right?

OutSystems Now has only the featured and supported plugins (Barcode is one of them).  If you use any other plugin. You will required to install the app to test it.

So, you can find here two situations:

1. Check if your outsystems now version is the most recent. (I really don´t know if the current OSnow version is using the current version of Barcode, but is a point to check)

2. Did you try the other plugin for barcode, and this one works in OutSystems Now?  In my opinion, could be because the plugin you are using has the same internal name of the barcode used by the original plugin., because this new plugin will not be able on outsystems now.

In this case, you could try to get only the action used by that plugin and try to keep it in your app, but referencing only the Original Barcode plugin. If I am right, it is possible it is working too.

Best Regards

Fabio