Combo Box item selection

Combo Box item selection

Hi,

I have a screen with a combo box and a Table Record. When an item in the combo box is selected, a screen action adds it to the Table Record. Once the item is listed in the Table Record it isn't available in the combo box.

The first time the combo box is selected, after entering the screen, key entries can be used to quickly find an item in the list. Like typing APPLE will find the first item starting with apple. The screen action is executed with mouse selection or enter key.

The problem is that the next attempt to use a key entry will automatically trigger the screen action adding the next item in the list starting with the letter selected.

The screen action:

Assign EventId to the relationship entity identifier
Creates a record in the relationship entity
Refreshes the aggregate for the combo box
Refreshes the aggregate for the Table record
Ajax refresh for the Table record
Assigns NullIdentifier to the itemId to reset the combo box to "(Select Item)"
Ajax refresh the combo box

What can be done to prevent the screen action from triggering on the next letter key selected?

I need to be able to quickly add items via the combo box to the Table Record by a few letter keys, to find the item on the comb box, and selecting the enter or tab key.

I hope that makes since.

Thanks,
Glenn

Hi Glenn, 

You have an espace you can share with that error replicated? That will help a lot on helping you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Attached is an example.

Select an event
In the EventDetail screen select "Add/Remove Participant"
In the Add_RemoveParticipant screen select a participant from the Combo Box.
Then select the "A" key on the keyboard multiple times.
Every time the "A" key is press the next person on the list is automatically added to the Table Record.

I am looking for way to prevent this type of adding to the Table Record.

Only allow entry with the "enter" key or the "Tab" key.

Thanks,
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I installed your espace in my environment and I'm not having that behaviour. For me is working correctly. But on the combobox I recommend you use select2 from webpatterns

Regards,

Marcelo