Auto suggest country and region when city is selected

Auto suggest country and region when city is selected

Hi

I would like to do something like this, when I enter a tag in City (Shanghai), system will auto suggest country to China and region to Asia, any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Xiao,

To achieve this you have to write logic , OnChange  city  call a screen action , inside that  check selected city name and according to that city name , Get country and Region , and assign the country region to variable which hold Region and country and Refresh both textbox.

If you face any issue , please attachment your oml. I will modify it.

Cheer,

Rocky

Rocky wrote:

Hi Xiao,

To achieve this you have to write logic , OnChange  city  call a screen action , inside that  check selected city name and according to that city name , Get country and Region , and assign the country region to variable which hold Region and country and Refresh both textbox.

If you face any issue , please attachment your oml. I will modify it.

Cheer,

Rocky

Thanks Rocky!

In order to get the country and region by city selected, I have to maintain the relationship manually for these 3 attributes in my entity. Is there any module that can get full list of cities, countries and regions?

Hi Xiao,

I dont have module but in google you can get country , region , city  list . You just have to create table for each with relationship , Once you create table ,you can bootstrap process  for 3 table and add data in it.

cheers,

Rocky