I have a web app, now what? How deploy it and go live?

I have a web app, now what? How deploy it and go live?

Hello everyone.

When we develop on any language, lets say PHP, I don't need to create or buy a PHP server to deploy my application, there is lots of servers that "rent" their services and we can choose one to publish our work.

Now, I created a web app on Outsystems, does my client or company have to buy an Outsystem Server so I can publish the app there and make it "go live"? Or there's Outsystems servers around, like the ones we know for other programming languages?

Thank you.

You can install outsystems "on premises" (your machine) or "on the cloud" (somebody else's machine), so yes, there are "outsystems servers around like the ones in other programming languages". OS runs on a regular IIS server with a regular T-SQL dbms, there is nothing special about it.

Buf if what you are asking is if there are free servers like in open source platforms such as java or php, then the answer is no. Specially if you want to install the OS server on your machine, you will need a license and pay for it.

flpmorais wrote:

You can install outsystems "on premises" (your machine) or "on the cloud" (somebody else's machine), so yes, there are "outsystems servers around like the ones in other programming languages". OS runs on a regular IIS server with a regular T-SQL dbms, there is nothing special about it.

Buf if what you are asking is if there are free servers like in open source platforms such as java or php, then the answer is no. Specially if you want to install the OS server on your machine, you will need a license and pay for it.

Thank you for the quick answer!

I'm not looking for a free server (it would be nice but I know it doesen't exists). But the cheapest option to have an OutSystems application live is to buy for US$5,400/month a server and deploy it there?

Solution

I really can't help you with exact amounts, you should contact Outsystems sales reps. They will be happy to walk you through licensing details and pricings.

But the license is a bit expensive, yes, even if you install it on premises. The point of Outsystems is saving money on the mid/long term. You pay a bit more upfront, but then you save a lot of money on development, lifecycle management and change requests. 

Solution