Feedback on reliability of Personal Edition from those using it for real business use

Feedback on reliability of Personal Edition from those using it for real business use

Hi there,

I'm looking for feedback from devs, micro or small businesses out there that are using Personal Edition for important applications for their business.

The biggest sticking point for me over the last few years in migrating to Outsystems for more than toy/prototype projects that don't require uptime, is that I've had enough downtime issues and delays in support emails to negate being able to use the Personal Edition for anything that needs uptime.

Yes, I know it is called "Personal" for a reason.  And yet I know there must be many micro-size or small companies out there using it for their business.  Similar to us, dreaming of one day when we could afford the paid version that I suspect is more reliable and performant.

Curious about others experiences,

Best,

David

My company has no financial capability for a plan, so I have everything in my Personal Environment. Most are for my private use, but I have 2 cases that are used also by others.

Last week there was a downtime for upgrade. I got the warning email too close of the intervention to actually do anything. It took about two hours. The confirmation email was sent almost two hours later so it looked like 4 hours, when the real downtime windows was around 2. And they made during the game of Portugal in FIFA World Cup so no one cared if the server was up or down.

Since the launch of PE several years ago, this was the second time I was affected by an intervention. All others were so fast or out of work hours that I didn't even notice.

Having an Enterprise plan, such interventions are planned in advance, in a convenient schedule, and faster.

About the support I also have no complaints. I had a single issue in PE and it was fixed by OS immediately. In the Enterprise version (for a customer) the support was really fast, the problem was identified on the same day and the intervention was scheduled with the customer. Fixing all 3 environments took a bit more than a week, but it was a holiday season.

Thank you Nuno.  I appreciate hearing about your real-world experiences.  Very helpful.

Nuno Reis wrote:

My company has no financial capability for a plan, so I have everything in my Personal Environment. Must are for my private use, but I have 2 cases that are used also by others.

Last week there was a downtime for upgrade. I got the warning email too close of the intervention to actually do anything. It took about two hours. The confirmation email was sent almost two hours later so it looked like 4 hours, when the real downtime windows was around 2. And they made during the game of Portugal in FIFA World Cup so no one cared if the server was up or down.

Since the launch of PE several years ago, this was the second time I was affected by an intervention. All others were so fast or out of work hours that I didn't even notice.

Having an Enterprise plan, such interventions are planned in advance, in a convenient schedule, and faster.

About the support I also have no complaints. I had a single issue in PE and it was fixed by OS immediately. In the Enterprise version (for a customer) the support was really fast, the problem was identified on the same day and the intervention was scheduled with the customer. Fixing all 3 environments took a bit more than a week, but it was a holiday season.