Cannot start SMS Connector, Log, Scheduler Service when install Front-end Server

Hi All

Was trying to install front-end server using the following checklist:

https://www.outsystems.com/home/download_homedetails.aspx?virtualdirectoryid=104&documentid=1920&code=&

Problem

I was not able to start the SMS Connecter, Log and Scheduler Services when trying to execute the following step in the check list:

Apply the Configurations •Fill in the Password field in the Admin section.
•Click the Apply and Exit button on the Configuration Tool.
?Answer Yes if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
?Answer No when a popup asks you to run the Service Center installation.

Observations

Was trying start the services from Windows Services instead. I realized, if i choose Log On as Local System Account, i was able to start the service. There after, i was able to execute the steps mentioned previously and the services are able to start.

Is there any folder permission that i missed that that caused such behavior? or did i execute some steps wrongly?

Hi Michael,

I think the best course of action is to contact OutSystems Support.

Michael Chua wrote:

Hi All

Was trying to install front-end server using the following checklist:

https://www.outsystems.com/home/download_homedetails.aspx?virtualdirectoryid=104&documentid=1920&code=&

Problem

I was not able to start the SMS Connecter, Log and Scheduler Services when trying to execute the following step in the check list:

Apply the Configurations •Fill in the Password field in the Admin section.
•Click the Apply and Exit button on the Configuration Tool.
?Answer Yes if a popup shows up asking to start the OutSystems Scheduler Service and the OutSystems SMS Connector Service.
?Answer No when a popup asks you to run the Service Center installation.

Observations

Was trying start the services from Windows Services instead. I realized, if i choose Log On as Local System Account, i was able to start the service. There after, i was able to execute the steps mentioned previously and the services are able to start.

Is there any folder permission that i missed that that caused such behavior? or did i execute some steps wrongly?

Hi Michael,

I am having the same probelma you had. Did you manage to solve it?

Hi all,

We have solved this issue, including the Runtime and Log domain user accounts in the Server Local Administrators group.

BR,
Rui Afonso