changing the theme of web block

changing the theme of web block

Hi all

I want to the change the theme of my web block in order to render charts on my pdf output

I have created a custom theme with the desired modifications but don;t know how to apply it to the desired web block

Can someone suggest me how can I do so?

I am new to the platform and hence have very less experience

Solution

Hi,

Themes must be applied to Flows.

So, select the web flow where the web block is and set the theme property of the flow to your new theme.

Remember that the CSS of a web block is loaded by the browser prior to the ones in the page (including the themes applied to the page and they may overwrite the CSS of the web block.

Cheers.

Solution

Prajjwal Rai wrote:

Hi all

I want to the change the theme of my web block in order to render charts on my pdf output

I have created a custom theme with the desired modifications but don;t know how to apply it to the desired web block

Can someone suggest me how can I do so?

I am new to the platform and hence have very less experience

Adding the desired theme (CSS) to the web block will not work. You have to add the CSS or the customized theme to Webscreen. 

Since the Screen loads from Web blocks, Themes and finally Screen. So that the CSS added in the Webblock may be overwritten.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/864/themes-and-styling/

Ajithkumar,

Saying it will not work is incorrect.

It MAY fail depending on the selectors used, and it is almost always possible to create selectors with enough specificity to avoid being overwritten.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Ajithkumar,

Saying it will not work is incorrect.

It MAY fail depending on the selectors used, and it is almost always possible to create selectors with enough specificity to avoid being overwritten.

Cheers

Ya Eduardo.. Agree it depends upon the selectors used.