Creating a Distinct Value List from a Local Reccord List Column Values

Creating a Distinct Value List from a Local Reccord List Column Values

Hey,

I'm having a problem trying to create a new list based on a column of a existing record list. 

I couldn't find a function or widget that would help me, so I tried to create it myself but I'm having a problem:

Invalid Preparation Flow
Ambiguous paths to For Each in Preparation.

Any idea on how to create this feature?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Filipe.

Im not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but i think it might be easier if you create an user action where you put the second "for each" logic. Then you can pass a record(from the first "for each") as an input parameter, and then retrieve a record or recordList as a result of the user action, and append it to the list.

There might be an easier way to do it, but you would have to explain better what is inside the logic of the two "for each". Ideally you should try to avoid using a for each inside another for each performance-wise.

Best regards,

Bruno Guedes

Solution

Hi,

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the error occurs because the 2nd For Each is interrupted (via the true path of the if statement). If you adjust your logic so the second For Each is completed, than the error will disappear (see example image below).

Sam