List Re-load

I have this list screen in my mobile app.

And everytime it loads, it gets empty and then it loads again in another order( which is actually the correct order). Although this isn't an app breaking problem, it is annoying for the user and overall not the best ux.

It seems it has to do with the OnScrollEnding action. Whenever i take it off, the problem goes away. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Hi Diogo,

I had worked on OnScrollEnding action recently. As per my understanding, your issue is with OnScrollEnding client action.
It seems you are always loading records inside your method from the top again which is causing this issue.
If possible please share some more details so that I can check that.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi Diogo,

I had worked on OnScrollEnding action recently. As per my understanding, your issue is with OnScrollEnding client action.
It seems you are always loading records inside your method from the top again which is causing this issue.
If possible please share some more details so that I can check that.

Regards,
Palak Patel

What do you need? 

Hi Diogo,

If possible share oml file with OnScrollEnding method and list included in it. Else share screenshots.
It will I think solve the purpose.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Here it is , sorry for the delay

On the List widget you have set "Animate Items" to false; set this to true and see if there is a change in behaviour.

The "GetOccurences" aggregate doe does not have a sort order set which results in a sort by Id.

The Mobile training has a great exercise that explains how to handle the various aggregate states to best manage the user's expectations while data is being retrieved; https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/812/list-and-detail-screens-exercise/

I set it to false to see if having it true was the problem.

I do want it sort by Id, that's why I didn't bother sorting the aggregate.

Thank you for your answer, Diogo

Solution

Hi Diogo,

You have an If condition enclosing the list with the following:

When the onScrollEnding event gets triggered the isDatafetched will be false, which will remove the list from the screen, and when the data is ready it will be rendered again.

Let me know if it worked

Cheers

Solution

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Diogo,

You have an If condition enclosing the list with the following:

When the onScrollEnding event gets triggered the isDatafetched will be false, which will remove the list from the screen, and when the data is ready it will be rendered again.

Let me know if it worked

Cheers

It worked :) thank you