Lifetime doesn't see the latest version in dev environment

Lifetime doesn't see the latest version in dev environment

Dear OS fellows,

I tried to deploy a web application from dev to production.  Lifetime shows an earlier version (on Jun 15) which is almost 10 versions before the latest one (on Jun 25).  All lifetime checks went OK until it came to the final deployment process.  I don't remember what the error exactly said but was something wrong with "getting version number from server".  I checked in service center and it shows the correct latest version. The server is on premise and last deployment went well. Do you have any idea what the cause might be and how to solve it?

PS: snapshots from Lifetime and service center are pasted and attached.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried to click on the deploy button, and then choose "Deploy Custom"?

It should open a popup window with the date of publish of all espaces in that application. Check if the dates are OK there. 

Best regards,

Bruno Guedes

Bruno Guedes wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried to click on the deploy button, and then choose "Deploy Custom"?

It should open a popup window with the date of publish of all espaces in that application. Check if the dates are OK there. 

Best regards,

Bruno Guedes

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried "Deploy Custom" as you suggested and the version number is still Jun15.

Hi Daniel,

You are looking into 2 different concepts. Lifetime shows you the last time that espace was changed. While the image, you showed us, shows the publishing date. Is possible to publish a espace without changing it. 

If you go to service center, and check all the versions of the espaces that belong to that app. whats the latest uploaded date?

If the latest uploaded date is not the one you are seeing in the lifetime I think you should contact Outsystems support.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Daniel,

You are looking into 2 different concepts. Lifetime shows you the last time that espace was changed. While the image, you showed us, shows the publishing date. Is possible to publish a espace without changing it. 

If you go to service center, and check all the versions of the espaces that belong to that app. whats the latest uploaded date?

If the latest uploaded date is not the one you are seeing in the lifetime I think you should contact Outsystems support.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

The screenshot of service center is in my attachment from the 1st post. Can you access it?  When i found out the Lifetime doesn't show the right version I checked Service Center and it has the right version.  Since it's an op premise environment I dunno how much support Outsystems support can give.

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Hi Daniel,

Yes i saw it and that what you are showing there is publish date. Lifetime shows updated date. This 2 are different things. If you enter that app how many espaces you have there? in the detail page of each espace what is the latest uploaded date.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Yes i saw it and that what you are showing there is publish date. Lifetime shows updated date. This 2 are different things. If you enter that app how many espaces you have there? in the detail page of each espace what is the latest uploaded date.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

There are 2 espaces (Core and UI) and both have correct uploaded dates.  I didn't have problem in the publishing of eSpaces and upload is a part of the publishing process I suppose?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Daniel,

Have you already tried to force synchronize that environment in lifetime? Does it give any errors?

And what about the "environment health" for that server on service center? All green?

Best regards,

Bruno Guedes

Hi Daniel,

Maybe you have sync processes suspended or with errors. Check in processes in service center of Lifetime.

• http://lifetime/ServiceCenter/Process_Monitoring.aspx?Index=0

If so, you can try kill all sync processes and run a full sync, but first check the error logs in lifetime.

Hugo Patricio wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Maybe you have sync processes suspended or with errors. Check in processes in service center of Lifetime.

If so, you can try kill all sync processes and run a full sync, but first check the error logs in lifetime.

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the hint!  Indeed the sync doesn't go well.  The sync icon remains 'spinning' while the page is already open for more than 1 hour.  Yesterday I saw 2 errors in the Process Monitoring.  One of them was lifetime sync times out (that explains why the icon doesn't stop spinning).  But I don't see these errors in the same page now (screenshot below).  Are they archived elsewhere?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Bruno Guedes wrote:

Daniel,

Have you already tried to force synchronize that environment in lifetime? Does it give any errors?

And what about the "environment health" for that server on service center? All green?

Best regards,

Bruno Guedes

Hi Bruno,

The environment health shows all green.  I notice on your screenshot that sync in Development is finished (no rotation animation).  But for my environment it shows syncing always.  I followed Hugo's hint yesterday and found errors in the process monitoring.  But now I cannot find them anymore...

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Hi Daniel,

They should be there. Outsystems archive them with an internal task that runs on fridays. You can read about it here https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/11499/logs-in-the-outsystems-platform/. About your problem . If you dont find the errors again can you force sync again and send us the errors you are getting

Regards,

Marcelo

Daniel Xu wrote:

Hugo Patricio wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the hint!  Indeed the sync doesn't go well.  The sync icon remains 'spinning' while the page is already open for more than 1 hour.  Yesterday I saw 2 errors in the Process Monitoring.  One of them was lifetime sync times out (that explains why the icon doesn't stop spinning).  But I don't see these errors in the same page now (screenshot below).  Are they archived elsewhere?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Hi Daniel.

The development environment is shared with lifetime?

Best regards,

Here is a great post on this topic: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35674/lifetime-and-service-center-out-of-sinc/ 

It includes the order in which the timers need to be run after the stuck processes have been cleared.

Ouen Worth wrote:

Here is a great post on this topic: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35674/lifetime-and-service-center-out-of-sinc/ 

It includes the order in which the timers need to be run after the stuck processes have been cleared.

Hi Quen,

Thanks for the share.  I'm following the steps as described in your link.  SyncAll timers is started and currently running (timeout set to 3 hours...).  Let's see what the result will be.

I got 2 errors in the Service center for Lifetime, one is AppChanges which looks generic (also mentioned in the linked post in your share) and the other is about security (see below).

Any clue what might be wrong?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Hi Hugo,

I went into Service Center - Monitoring - Processes but it didn't show me items about Lifetime. Then I tried your link with adjusted server url and I was at the right page. One error looks special and is about security.  I've pasted the detail at my reply to Quen.  Here is another snapshot for it.

Any idea?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Daniel Xu wrote:

Hi Hugo,

I went into Service Center - Monitoring - Processes but it didn't show me items about Lifetime. Then I tried your link with adjusted server url and I was at the right page. One error looks special and is about security.  I've pasted the detail at my reply to Quen.  Here is another snapshot for it.

Any idea?

Regards,

Daniel Xu

Maybe in development environment you have enable the content security policy. Check the configurations and if you need this enable.

Here is a post about CSP:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Apply_Content_Security_Policy

Regards,

Hugo