Missing automatic read/write sync pattern create in mobile

Missing automatic read/write sync pattern create in mobile

Dear OS fellows,

To create the read/write sync pattern in mobile app I usually right-click on the local entity, choose the Read/write option (as below) and start adjusting the logics.  But now only the Read-only option exists and the Read/Write one is missing.  I checked ToDo app on my personal cloud which I made while following the online training and the option is available.  Has anyone any idea why it's missing?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Xu

Hi Daniel,

The option is not available if you did not link the local entity to the database entity. If you have trouble understanding the synchronisation patterns, I'd advise you to take a look at the documentation again. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Offline/Offline_Data_Sync_Patterns/Read%2F%2FWrite_Data_Last_Write_Wins

Hope this helps. If there is anything else, just let me know.

Kind regards,

Sam

EDIT: So in order to answer you last question:
When creating a local storage entity, you should choose 'Add entity from database' to match the Id's.

Solution

Hi Daniel Xu,

While looking into your database table ActionMemo from SalesTool_Core, I noticed that there is only GetActionMemo() action available inside your server database table.

That's the reason you are not able to find Read/Write methods inside your LocalDatabaseTable.
Please provide read/write rights, (Expose Read-only = no) to your server table and then you will be able to provide the same in your LocalDB.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Solution

Hi Daniel,

In my previous post I did not see the part that you actually set the entity identifier right. So my previous suggestion most likely is not the problem.

Another thing that could be wrong is that you are referring to the database entity from a core module, and you forgot to set the "Expose read only" to no. Could you check that property, and adjust to 'no' if it is not already?

Sam

Palak Patel wrote:

Hi Daniel Xu,

While looking into your database table ActionMemo from SalesTool_Core, I noticed that there is only GetActionMemo() action available inside your server database table.

That's the reason you are not able to find Read/Write methods inside your LocalDatabaseTable.
Please provide read/write rights, (Expose Read-only = no) to your server table and then you will be able to provide the same in your LocalDB.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Thanks you Palak for the quick fix!

Regards,

Daniel Xu