How to process data fetcehd using api

How to process data fetcehd using api

Hello all

I have fetched some data using api call, and I want to perform some operations on the data

But since that data is stored in structure, I can't do it

How do I copy the same data to an entity to perform the desired operations?

Hi Prajjwal,

Its not necessary to store that data in entity to perform the desired operation.

You can create a logic action in which you can call that api and fetch the data from it, you can have some local variables to perform the desired operation and then you can save that result in your entity or go through the api tutorial you will find the best way.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MJ

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Prajjwal,

Its not necessary to store that data in entity to perform the desired operation.

You can create a logic action in which you can call that api and fetch the data from it, you can have some local variables to perform the desired operation and then you can save that result in your entity or go through the api tutorial you will find the best way.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MJ

Hi Manish

I need to apply some filters and also some count and group by operations on the data I am fetching, so I don't know if any logic will be able to handle all that.

I need some solution to store the data I am fetching as an entity,in order to perfoem the operations

Is there any way around this?

Solution

Hi Prajjwal, 

You just need to have an entity with the same format as the structure that works like a staging table where you do the data manipulation you want. Than you can do what you want with the data on that entity. You can add a new column to the entity with a guid so you can know which records belong to that request. Each request would have a different guid or any other way to identify them. 

Regards, 

Marcelo

Solution