How to download data from mobile screen to pdf file in mobile application

How to download data from mobile screen to pdf file in mobile application

Hi,

Good day,

I would like to seek your help on how to download data from mobile screen to pdf file in mobile application.

Hi Reuben,

typical answer would be to create a new web screen and use Html2PdfConverter to convert that to PDF, so you can then download it. The component has a demo screen that shows how to use it, and instructions on its "Administration" page on how to set it up.

A new PdfGen component has just been release that might be simpler to setup, although I haven't tried it yet... but the way to use it should be fairly similar, from what I could read in the description. You can find a demo app here.

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll check the demo app. Thank you

Hi Jorge,

I already check the demo app and then the HTML2PdfConverter. But i notice that these only applicable in web application but not in mobile application. Thank you

Hi Jorge,

I already check the demo app and then the HTML2PdfConverter. But i notice that these only applicable in web application but not in mobile application.

My objective is to download the information from mobile screen and save to phone directory.

Thank you

Hi Reuben,

Like I mentioned, those components receive a web page and convert it to PDF. You can create your report in a Web screen (in a backoffice kind of web application) and then on your mobile app just pass the URL of that web screen to the component's pdf generation function and you get a PDF file you will be able to save on your device.

As far as I'm aware there are no mobile versions of any PDF generator for OutSystems. On that topic, what is the purpose of the PDF you're trying to generate? I haven't heard of many use cases for a mobile device-sized PDF.

Reuben Mark Mandap wrote:

Hi Jorge,

I already check the demo app and then the HTML2PdfConverter. But i notice that these only applicable in web application but not in mobile application.

My objective is to download the information from mobile screen and save to phone directory.

Thank you

Hi Reuben Mark Mandap,

Try one of these plugin's:

Check on forge, i hope it helps :)

Regards,

João Cabaço

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Reuben,

Like I mentioned, those components receive a web page and convert it to PDF. You can create your report in a Web screen (in a backoffice kind of web application) and then on your mobile app just pass the URL of that web screen to the component's pdf generation function and you get a PDF file you will be able to save on your device.

As far as I'm aware there are no mobile versions of any PDF generator for OutSystems. On that topic, what is the purpose of the PDF you're trying to generate? I haven't heard of many use cases for a mobile device-sized PDF.

Hi Jorge,

Noted on this i'll try your suggestion. Thank you

Reuben Mark Mandap wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Reuben,

Hi Jorge,

Noted on this i'll try your suggestion. Thank you

Hi Jorge,

I already follow your instruction to create backend web application and then i don't know exactly the value of URL and proxy that GeneratePDF requiring. Thank you