User Creation

Hi,

I´m trying to create end-users from a XLSX file that contains the Name, Email and Group. Is it possible to create this users and give them a automatic Role and a generated password that they can alter, without having to manually insert them all in the system.

As you can see in the attachment, I have the User entity, a Person entity and the Group entity (also another entity called Weight where I need to relate two different people with a factor ranging from 1 to 3, to do some calcs in the end).

Hi Rui,

Yes, this is possible. What exactly don't you know how to do? Creating a user? Assigining Roles? Generating a Password? Of course, I could tell you how to do any of these, but I'm not your developer stand-in ;).

Hi,

From inside the outsystems service studio, how do you call a Server Action to create a user based on a XLSX file (the login being an Email column inside that XLSX) and give that user a Randomly Generated Password? Is there any predefined Server Action for this? 

Solution

Hi Rui,

Uploading an XLSX file is done with the ExcelToRecordList Statement:

Creating a user is done via the User_Create Action from the Users eSpace:

There's no out-of-the-box way to generate a random password, and it'll depend on the password characteristics you want how to solve that.

Solution

Where do I find the Users eSpace? Do I have to import it from somewhere?

Edit:
Found it. I´ll try to manage from here on out. Thanks for the help