Process Timeout

I got a error message
"An exception occurred in the client script. Error: The connection to the server was reset"
I am aware why the message keep coming out, because the action was 2mins longer.

I need to extend the 2 mins Process Timeout or I need to Speedup the process of my data calculation.

Hi Marvin,

Long calculations should ideally be performed by a timer, and not directly on submit of a form.

Hi Marvin,

I agree with Kilian, if you need to run long tasks in your screen it is not a good idea keep it in a synch way. The best way is combine your action with an timer or BPT process. So you can run in a asynchonous routine and after that notify your user the process has been done.

Avoid to lock the job and the screen with longer operations

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Marvin,

Long calculations should ideally be performed by a timer, and not directly on submit of a form.

Hi Kilian

I am aware that the long process should be at a timer.

My computed data is coming from 2 API and Outsystems Builtin Database

The Data is keep changing

And need to be display it at a record table without saving the calculated data at a database table.

Correct if I was wrong. The process data of the timer can only access if it is saved at the database?

Thanks

Hi Marvin,

Yes, that's true, there's no way to input data to a timer, it needs to be stored in the database. However, you could e.g. use temporary tables for input and storing the results, and when done notify the user the results are ready. This is a way better user experience than having the user wait for minutes, even if there wouldn't be a timeout.

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi Marvin,

I agree with Kilian, if you need to run long tasks in your screen it is not a good idea keep it in a synch way. The best way is combine your action with an timer or BPT process. So you can run in a asynchonous routine and after that notify your user the process has been done.

Hello Fábio

How BPT process working in Outsystems? This is new on me. Thanks

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Marvin,

Yes, that's true, there's no way to input data to a timer, it needs to be stored in the database. However, you could e.g. use temporary tables for input and storing the results, and when done notify the user the results are ready. This is a way better user experience than having the user wait for minutes, even if there wouldn't be a timeout.

Hello Kilian

Thank you for the Knowledge,
I have a question about if there is any way to compute the whole column in 1 action, a action that is similar to the SQL or Aggregate? and it will automatically compute all the data in that column?

Solution

Marvin Arceo wrote:

Fábio Fantato wrote:

Hi Marvin,

Hello Fábio

How BPT process working in Outsystems? This is new on me. Thanks

Hi Marvin,

There is a entire course focused on BPT process.  This is the best material about it.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/17/master-class-on-modeling-business-processes-bpt/?StartCourse=False

Solution