User Login

How to create login of Users in eCommerce website? Now there is a defined login screen in outsystems?

Hi Ajith,

Like Eduardo said in the other thread, "explain (...) exactly what you want to achieve." Please describe what kind of flow you need.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ajith,

Like Eduardo said in the other thread, "explain (...) exactly what you want to achieve." Please describe what kind of flow you need.

Now in Outsystems the Users are created in https://Environment/Users. What I want to do is to create user in real time and enable login functionality for those Users.

Example: Registering in an eCommerce site with inputs/Password provided by Customers in real time and then Logging into that site. How this can be achieved?

Yes you could do that.

Let's say you have a registration form for the users when they fill in and submit the form you obviously do some validations and logic. If everything is ok then you created/insert this user record into OS System->User entity. Then you could login right away.

One tip I usually do is actually create another table for user i.e. YourAppUser entity that extends from System->User entity so you could store any other attributes of "user" definition in your app such as Middle Name, Last Name, Address, Fax and so on.

So you must store user record from registration form into these 2 tables i.e. your app user entity + OS system user entity.

Tips: Don't forget to salt/encrypt the password for that particular user and make sure attribute is_active is set to true.