[Html2PdfConverter] Performance Improvement

[Html2PdfConverter] Performance Improvement

Forge Component
(51)
Published on 26 Sep (3 weeks ago) by Guilherme Pereira
51 votes
Published on 26 Sep (3 weeks ago) by Guilherme Pereira

Hello,

Did someone found a way to reduce the performance delay on the extension?

Best regards

Hi, 

Since html2pdfconverter renders a screen to convert it to pdf, first thing to make sure it's that the preparation of that screen is fast. 

Preparation doesn't contain anything. Its a HTML dump that creates the pdf.

Solution

HI Cristiano,

As for the Init Binaries part there's something it can be done. I've just released a new version 1.1.14 that tries to address that by only fetching the binary if not present on the filesystem. Care to give it a try and let us know how it goes?

As for the rest like Lennart mentioned you need to make sure that the page renders fast enough but it will always take the time that the pages need to be rendered + the time necessary for wkhtmltopdf to actually generate the file.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Solution

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

HI Cristiano,

As for the Init Binaries part there's something it can be done. I've just released a new version 1.1.14 that tries to address that by only fetching the binary if not present on the filesystem. Care to give it a try and let us know how it goes?

As for the rest like Lennart mentioned you need to make sure that the page renders fast enough but it will always take the time that the pages need to be rendered + the time necessary for wkhtmltopdf to actually generate the file.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try in production on monday :p there we have a much bigger usage so I can give you a much better feedback!

@Guilherme Thanks! That worked fine! Already 300 files generated and we didn't got it anymore.

Its good to save those 750ms : )

Best regards