Sharing the Outsystems Database to other platforms to get access

Sharing the Outsystems Database to other platforms to get access

Hi all,

I want to share my outsystems DB to share externally with other vendors so that they can access my Data (Both read and write)

How to achieve this?

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hi Keerthi,

If you have a cloud solution (PaaS), there's no way to access the database directly. So the only way is to create a REST API for retrieving and storing data. I wonder though what your use case is. You surely don't want anyone to be able to access all your data?

Hi Kilian.

Thanks for the comment.

This is the actual scenario,

My friend wants to develop the same app that I am developing in Outsystems, But he wants to develop in other platforms like Cassandra. But our database will be common(Outsystems DB). For this, I need to share my DB right? That's my only need for this post.

Thanks,

Keerthi.

Hi Keerthi,

I understand the use-case now, but it's not easily possible. When you're in the cloud, you don't have access to the OutSystems database, period. No way around it. When you are on premise, you can of course provide access to the database, but in that case you'll have to deal with the translation of logical Entity names to physical table names. Possible, but quite a hassle!

Why not put an external database in the Cloud (AWS or Azure) and create an integration with it with OutSystems?  Then both environments can access the database.

David Schuler wrote:

Why not put an external database in the Cloud (AWS or Azure) and create an integration with it with OutSystems?  Then both environments can access the database.

One possible reason is because that involves additional costs.

Having said that, you can have access to your database. For such, you need to comply with one of these two requirements:

• Create a site-to-site VPN from your internal network to the database server;
  • Allow connections to the database server from your company public IP. Let us know what public static IPs should be allowed to connect;

Cheers