database connectivity

database connectivity

hi,

can we auto update the  outsystems tables when we make changes in the external database?what database is suitable?

please help

thank you

Hello Chandru, 

Could you be a little bit more clear about what you are asking?

If you are asking if it is possible to automatically update the OutSystems database data when someone/some external system updates external tables (not OutSystems database tables), the answer, I think, is a "yeeeesss, but...".

Yes, because yes, it is possible. The "but" comes because there is no "magic" here.

I see some possibilities:

1. Your external system has access to the OutSystems database and update it directly.
2. You expose a Web Service (Rest or Soap) and your external system calls it (be an application or a trigger in the external database itself). You than implement logic to update your OutSystems tables in the standard way.
3. You create an integration that fetches information from time to time from the external databases to see if something changed and change OutSystems data accordingly...

See, the OutSystems application will not be able to "detect"  automatically when you change your external system. It will be the external system, somehow, to alert OutSystems. Or you go there from time to time to see if something changed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Chandru, 

Could you be a little bit more clear about what you are asking?

If you are asking if it is possible to automatically update the OutSystems database data when someone/some external system updates external tables (not OutSystems database tables), the answer, I think, is a "yeeeesss, but...".

Yes, because yes, it is possible. The "but" comes because there is no "magic" here.

I see some possibilities:

1. Your external system has access to the OutSystems database and update it directly.
2. You expose a Web Service (Rest or Soap) and your external system calls it (be an application or a trigger in the external database itself). You than implement logic to update your OutSystems tables in the standard way.
3. You create an integration that fetches information from time to time from the external databases to see if something changed and change OutSystems data accordingly...

See, the OutSystems application will not be able to "detect"  automatically when you change your external system. It will be the external system, somehow, to alert OutSystems. Or you go there from time to time to see if something changed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thank you sir.

Which  databases suitable for this purpose sir?