web using database

web using database

hi developers,

i want to create a web application which takes the data from my SQL database.and when i made any changes in the database then the data in my web application should also change.

is it possible?

thank you.

Chandru, I already told you it is possible and how to do it.

But you didn't explained what you're trying to accomplish.

The data in your OutSystems application database is a COPY of the data in the MySql database?

If so, why not just use the integration studio to access directly the MySql database?

If you can't do that, for security reasons,  performance reasons or any other reason, than you will have to:

a) From the side or your MySql database, via database trigger/sp/wharever, or from the application that changes the data, call your application to pass the changes to be made in the OutSystems side, or

b) From time to time, your OutSystems app must take a look in the external database and check for new or changed data, and update itself.

In any case, including other eventually possible solutions, you will need some kind of access to the external database (directly or indirectly)

Cheers

hi sir,

i  am using SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO to connect with the outsystems . actually server studio ask for server name. i gave my local pc name as a server name that is RAJ\SQLEXPRESS here raj is a pc name.

but when i trying to connect with outsystems using service center it gives the following error.

error:Connection String test failed: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) 

please share your suggestion sir.

thank you

Hello chandru,

OutSystems database is not located in your computer. The Service Studio is just an IDE.If you are using a PERSONAL environment, this environment is in the cloud, and so it is the database.

By the way, you don't have access to the OutSystems database in personal cloud Environments.

So, why are you trying to access the OutSystems database directly?

I recommend the Online Training. In the first presentations you will get an overview of the platform and this will help you understand better how things work in OutSystems.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/

Cheers