Final Exercise - Help

I am currently trying to create a new screen action to my homepage screen however when i try and link a run server action to the BookingTable in the Bookings screen is says it unkown object 'BookingTable' in expression. The BookingTable is in the Bookings screen howeevr.

I have attached my oml file for reference. 

thanks,

Hi Chris,

You don't have a "BookingTable" widget in your "Homepage" screen, so it doesn't make sense to try to use it in an expression. Didn't you miss a step in the exercise that involved adding the widget to your screen?

how do i make the BookingTable a widget? I have looked through the RichWidgets exercise but cannot find out how.

Thanks,

Hi Chris,

I think you're a bit confused now. Like Aurelio said, check whether you didn't miss a step in the exercise. Backtrack to the last thing you did and produced correct results, then check what you did afterwards. You very likely missed something somewhere.

unfortunately i cannot follow the steps of the exercise in the final project as it asks you to complete the tasks yourself. Can someone please explain how to create a recordstable that shows as a widget when in the expression editor?

Thanks,

Hi Chris,

I don't understand what you mean by that. The Expression Editor lists all Widgets, including any Table Records Widgets:

Hi Kilian,

This is a screenshot of my expression editor options. There is no Widgets folder i can expand.

In that case there's no Table Records on your Screen. You can't reference what isn't there.

I have a BookingTable in the Bookings screen. You can check the oml file in the original comment.

Hi Chris,

Like Aurelio already said, if there's no BookingTable on the Home Screen, you can't use it. Screens are independent of each other. The fact that there's a Widget on one Screen, doesn't mean you can access it from another.

How would I make it so that the table is available to select as a widget in the expression editor between different screens? The solution I have used as a reference for the final assignment has done it this way but I cannot figure out how.

Hi Chris,

The solution definitely did not do that. Screens are self-contained, they don't "exist" except when you start them in your browser. If you navigate to another screen (in the same tab), the originating Screen is no longer available, it's destroyed and removed from the web server.

Hi Chris,

There is a way to make web blocks and share them among the screens.
To achieve that, you need to learn about web blocks.