.net Web application

.net Web application

Hi,

I have a ASP.net web application. using this web application i am passing the libraryid and password to outsystems.  In outsystems i need to read the values of libraryid and password and display.  can you please let me know how to do this.

Regards

Ry

Hello,

In OutSystems you probably will use input parameters for id and pass, in the screen, where you will put an expression to show those values.

You probably would like to take a look in the online training.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/

Cheers

Well, passing as password to a Screen as Input Parameters is probably something yoy don't want, as it will be visible in the URL...

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, passing as password to a Screen as Input Parameters is probably something yoy don't want, as it will be visible in the URL...

Not if you use Post method instead of get, right? 

Thanks for quick responses.

i would like to inform you that the URL is not an outsystem application url.  it is developed in .net

do you think it can be achieved using soap.  

for eg:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1234567/my-survey?userid=121&pwd=bob

i need to read userid and pwd value and display in outsystems.

Hi Ryoto,

It's not clear to me what you want to achieve exactly. You have an external application, and you have some OutSystems application? And you want the external application to do what with the OutSystems app?

Ryoto,

I agree with Kilian.
More details will help us to understand the problem and give you better advice.

In any case, of course. if you expose an web service in the OutSystems application you can pass whatever you want to it.

But maybe you will not be able to DO what you want with this information...

Cheers.

Hello Ryoto,

You will be able to "show" something ONLY when a user enters a screen that goes fetch this information from somewhere (database, system file, consumed web services...). 

This means that if you are sending the information for an already OPEN page, or you do this using a service like Pushwoosh (and you will have to setup it on both applications), or you use something like an exposed web service in OutSystems, consume in your external app, send the information, that the application will store in database and than the page has to fetch from time to time data to show in the screen...

Don't know if there are any other way.

Cheers.

i am thinking of using soap web service and consume when the outsystem application opens. i shall try this and inform you if it works. 

thanks a ton for all the responses.

happy weekend

Solution

Hi Ryoto,

If it's technically not a problem to use REST, don't use SOAP. Use REST whenever you can. SOAP is much slower dus to added overhead, and is the way of the past.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ryoto,

If it's technically not a problem to use REST, don't use SOAP. Use REST whenever you can. SOAP is much slower dus to added overhead, and is the way of the past.

Thank you very much Kilian.