Infinity Scroll - Unknown native web feature

Infinity Scroll - Unknown native web feature

Hi Guys, 

Today I saw in forge someone posted a InfinityScroll webblock. Nice guys, this is very useful. I will try it for sure :)

But here is a curiosity. This remember me that there is one native webblock to do it. But the problem is that component is not placed in a standard module. So I guess a lot of people know its exists.

In module ECT_Provider you have:

See documentation of it:

'InfiniteScroll'
Add infinite scroll effect to your tables.

1. Simply remove the pagination and table counters originally created by scaffolding and place the InfiniteScroll web block in the same place. This web block will detect when the user is reaching the end of the screen and, in that case, trigger a notify event.

2. Assign the OnNotify from the InfiniteScroll web block to the RefreshTable event, which was also created by scaffolding, and set both parameters to false as you are not reseting the filters nor the pagination.

3. Create a screen variable - e.g. NumberOfRows - that will store the number of rows that are currenly being shown to the user. This variable will increase each time you are going to load more records. Set its default value for the number of rows you initially want to display, e.g. 20.

4. On the RefreshTable action, change the logic to increase the NumberOfRows (e.g. NumberOfRows + 20) if you are not resetting the pagination or filters. If you are resetting the filters or pagination, set the NumberOfRows to its initial value.

5. Finally, go to your table record and set the Line Count property to the NumberOfRows variable and the Start Index to 0.

Best Regards

Fabio

Hey Fabio

The reason I created the component is that the original (which this one in ECT_Provider is probably based upon) does not support multiple widgets on the same page

They should be similar

Best regards,

PC

Pedro Coelho wrote:

Hey Fabio

The reason I created the component is that the original (which this one in ECT_Provider is probably based upon) does not support multiple widgets on the same page

They should be similar

Best regards,

PC

Hi Pedro,

It is nice. Your new component just remember me to post this. A long time ago I needed to use it and discover that block in an unusual place and I would like to share it with all.

But if you might have multiple widget I agree with you, it will be better use your component.

Best regards

Fabio Fantato