[FullCalendar 2] Full Calendar 2 Pop Up not appearing

[FullCalendar 2] Full Calendar 2 Pop Up not appearing

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 2016-03-23 by Grazina
15 votes
Published on 2016-03-23 by Grazina

Hi everyone, i followed the FullCalendarSample application how every i still cannot seem to achieve the notify widget being display, i actually want to display a modal after user clicks on the event but im already stuck here. would appreciate some assistance. 

thanks,

Hitesh

Hitesh Vasnani wrote:

Hi everyone, i followed the FullCalendarSample application how every i still cannot seem to achieve the notify widget being display, i actually want to display a modal after user clicks on the event but im already stuck here. would appreciate some assistance. 

thanks,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

did u tried by passing editable: true in option as json.

regards,

ali amin

Hitesh Vasnani wrote:

thanks,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

I am working on a project right now that requires a similar demand. We are looking to move our Calendar to Outsystems. What I did in my project was that when a user clicks on an event inside the calendar, a pop up would appear for them to either edit or insert a new record.

The way I achieved this was a trick I learned awhile back while using Outsystems. You are going to need to grab the RunJavaScript function from the HTTPRequestHandler dependency (same way you add Tables and methods from your Extensions). After you import that function, you are going to create a link that opens the modal/popup and in CSS change it so that it's invisible (display:none). Now in the function you have above you are going to add the RunJavaScript function and run this JavaScript code (where HiddenLink in this example is the name of your link object): "document.getElementById('"+HiddenLink.Id+"').click();" After adding this, it should run the JavaScript and execute the click method, which in your case should open your modal window.

Hope this solution works for you too! I was able to get mine working today after struggling yesterday and today. Here is another post for reference, which has a sample application in case my instructions were a bit harder to understand. (https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26873/force-a-webpage-to-open-in-pop-up/).

Cheers,

Sean