Saved Deployment plan blocking other deployments

Saved Deployment plan blocking other deployments

I'm the Newb to my organizations Outsystems/Lifetime deployment, after my predecessor left. 

Sadly, I haven't had much in the way of 'hands on' with it, or much expeirnece in general. Very much a 'thorwn in the deep end and told to swim,' situation. Now we have a deployment from DEV>QA that is stuck.  It is sitting in a weird state, is blocking the ability to do other deployments between those two environments, and we get the below error when trying to push it along.

We do have a ticket opened with Support, but I am hoping that perhaps someone here will have some insight on how to clear this up.

ERROR:

You can't confirm deployment because the plan can't be saved. The deployment has already been aborted

Hello Damon,

When you click the blue Saved button, are you able to open the deployment (page Staging_Edit.aspx)?

If so, there should be a "Discard Plan" link under the page title on the top left, that you can use to delete the offending plan.

Hope this helps.

CA

Carlos Alfaro wrote:

Hello Damon,

When you click the blue Saved button, are you able to open the deployment (page Staging_Edit.aspx)?

If so, there should be a "Discard Plan" link under the page title on the top left, that you can use to delete the offending plan.

Hope this helps.

CA

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, while I am able to get to that next page by clicking the Saved button, the "Discard Plan" link is not there. Do you know of somewhere else within the Lifetime system that you can force cancel/discard a plan?

Thank you again for the reply.

DC.Ballard

Solution

For those that may run across this issue themselves in the future. The support solution is below, and I can confirm that this worked in our case. Good luck to you, though I'd caution to use this carefully and ensure that Carlos suggestion isn't available to you first.

1. Write down the Staging ID of the staging that wasn't successfully completed;
  2. How to get the Staging ID? Go to Lifetime > Applications > Click in target environment name > Change Log > Check for "Created deployment plan #<NUMBER> between environments 'X' and 'Y').
  3. Access to http://<yourinfrastructure>/lifetime/ForceStagingClose.aspx and introduce the Staging ID that you want to abort.
Solution