Notification and badge update

Notification and badge update

In an outsystems web application, i want to notify an outsystem mobile app. 

I have used the forge component "InAppNotifications", and the forge component "Badge plugin" to have a little number on my app icon. 

The app is installed on my device, not using outsystemsnow.

This works fine when i am inside the app or the app is still running (closed by the big button on my android device). But when the app is closed, i still want to have an increased badge-number and even a message over my screen when a notification comes in.

How do i do that?

Hi Marlie,

I am guessing that you want to get a notification in your mobile's notification bar. In that case use the fire base component from the forge. You will have to register your an account in fire base and later register your application. The steps are explained in the description. You can also use a different component for fire base to give in app notification for updates. Hope this answers your requirement. 

Charles Raphel D wrote:

Hi Marlie,

I am guessing that you want to get a notification in your mobile's notification bar. In that case use the fire base component from the forge. You will have to register your an account in fire base and later register your application. The steps are explained in the description. You can also use a different component for fire base to give in app notification for updates. Hope this answers your requirement. 

Yes, i use the firebase component, i have registered the application properly. Otherwise i could not have the notifications inside the app, in the notifications bar. But now i want to have those notifications outside the app, so when the app is closed, is not running.

Hi Marlies

Just to clarify, are you using 'firebase cloud message middleware' and 'firebase cloud message plugin' ?

No, i use just "Firebase", "Firebase core" and "Firebase web".  Now i see in the core de firebase cloud.. components. Should i use them?

Solution

Ok. Use them both in web and mobile respectively. Do reach out if you need any more info

cheers

Solution

Ok thanks i try that