Cannot Update App Automatically After Deleting Local storage Entity

Cannot Update App Automatically After Deleting Local storage Entity

After publishing a new version of my app, i have received the following error

An error occurred while trying to update the app.  If you want to retry the update, restart the app.  If the problem persists you can reinstall, but all local data will be lost.

I can trace this to a change where I delete a local storage entity that OutSystems tells me is unused.

Is there a breaking change when 1-click publishing after changing local storage, and if so, how should I mitigate this? The error from the management tab is pasted below:

I'm not entirely sure, but it could be that records existed in the local entity. But i'm not sure if that is the error that will be displayed in that case.

EDIT:

It seems that someone else also had this problem, but no solid answers there.

In Chrome I have tried clearing the local site data, and this has given me a new error of "No cached manifest found. It's not possible to rollback to a previous version."

I've also tried generating a new native app from the native apps tab, but that was out of desparation more than anything.

I've used Module > Open Other Version to go back to my previously published version. After opening and using 1-click publish to publish this version, all errors are eradicated. So it seems that you cannot delete a local storage entity using OutSystems Studio, and once created, you must ensure that these never need to be deleted.

Just for clarity, the only change between these two versions was the deletion of the unused storage entity.

I've never experience such behaviour, and I did delete local storage entities a couple of times, so I guess something else is happening. Though, I don't know what.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Hi Russell Codd,

Once you delete the local entity then you need to generate the native app again. Because while you are previously creating the application apk there is an local entity but once you are making it delete there will be memory issues in the applications,Because the local entity is specific to device. If you are making changes in the application at entity level you need to generate the native apk file,Because i also faced the same issue previously. 

koushik prathi wrote:

Hi Russell Codd,

Once you delete the local entity then you need to generate the native app again. Because while you are previously creating the application apk there is an local entity but once you are making it delete there will be memory issues in the applications,Because the local entity is specific to device. If you are making changes in the application at entity level you need to generate the native apk file,Because i also faced the same issue previously. 

Koushik, it should be mentioned that all the errors I took screenshots of were using the Preview in Chrome, so there is no way to 'reinstall the native apk' for the preview in Chrome. Yes this did also affect the native app, but the behaviour was also shown in Chrome, and carried through a full system reboot and republish.