Popup editor close not working

I have added popupeditor close in the screen action of a button to close the popup screen. When i click the button, same popup screen is appearing. It is not closing. It is going to the preparation of the popup screen when i debugged. Why it is rendering the same screen instead of closing? Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi Ananth,

can you share the code inside the action you are calling to close the popup so we can help?

Cheers

Hi Ananth,

The close button action needs to call the Popup_Editor_Close

See the example attached.

Hope it helps.

João

João Sousa wrote:

Hi Ananth,

Hope it helps.

João

Hey 

What if i don't want to use this because it is affecting some functionality of my code. Any alternative of this like Any javascript Function to close the editor  

Divya Nayak wrote:

João Sousa wrote:

Hi Ananth,

Hope it helps.

João

Hey 

What if i don't want to use this because it is affecting some functionality of my code. Any alternative of this like Any javascript Function to close the editor  

What functionality does it affect? i am sure there is a solution in OS for your problem. 

Stefano Valente wrote:

Divya Nayak wrote:

João Sousa wrote:

Hi Ananth,

Hope it helps.

João

Hey 

What functionality does it affect? i am sure there is a solution in OS for your problem. 

hello 

Initially, I was using forge component (multiplefile select) that allow me to drag-drop and upload to my server. but when I use to drag from the file directory popup.  Next time the button gets disabled. and I won't be able to upload any file again . so I wanted the user to press the button and then the popup should be closed.

If i understand correct you want the popup to close when you click the button of that component?

can you provide us with the oml?

Hi, it is not a good idea to open old topics. Always better to create a new one, recerencing the old one. 

As for the original post, the reason for the popup to be rendered again instead of closing is the use of Submit as the method. This will make the popup editor close not work as well. 

You need to use Ajax Submit. 

As for to use a popup to upload files and close the popup as soon as this happens, 

You can have a named empty link in the popup that calls the close screen action using ajax submit, and use a RunJavaScript in the action called as Submit (to upload filea for example) to run a small javascript that clicks the link. 

E. G. 

"$('#" + linkname.id + "').click();"