[OutSystems UI Mobile] Lightbox not working correctly to preview a recently uploaded image (Mobile)

[OutSystems UI Mobile] Lightbox not working correctly to preview a recently uploaded image (Mobile)

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 4 Oct (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
31 votes
Published on 4 Oct (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

So we are trying to create a screen where you upload either an image file from the phone or take a picture, and showing the result in a lightbox (as a thumbnail but, if clicked, to show the picture bigger). 

The first time it's working as expected. However, we are making it possible to continue to upload images until satisfied (for instance, if the first photo was out of focus, the user can take another one before submitting it), and it's in this instance that the situation appears. The thumbnail shows the last uploaded image, but when clicked, it changes to show the 1st uploaded image, no matter how many of them were already uploaded. 

Has this happened to anyone before? Or is there another pattern i can use for the desired effect (showing a smaller image on screen but showing it enlarged when clicked, without navigating to a different screen)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Luis,

Can you share an espace that replicates the problem? That way we can help you better.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hello Luís

We were able to reproduce the problem.

It seems to be a bug in the Lightbox code. We did not spend much time on this and where not able to find a workaround yet.

Cheers

Hi Luis, there is a workaround. Instead of using the pattern, you can use a secondary page to show only the image and then go back to the thumbnail screen.

Hi Luis,

The team will analyse the issue to see how can it be fixed in the pattern.

Meanwhile, have you tried to use an If widget do reset the pattern and load only the last image?

My regards

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Luis,

The team will analyse the issue to see how can it be fixed in the pattern.

Meanwhile, have you tried to use an If widget do reset the pattern and load only the last image?

My regards

Hello Dinis,

We tried many things including IF's, putting inside blocks, etc. Nothing we did resulted.

Hi, I created a pattern using the following script: https://github.com/AlloyTeam/AlloyFinger, and than just used the initialization of the script to add features like: doubleTap to zoom, pinch, move and reposition the image when double tap do reset the pinch.

It works like a charm even inside a slideshow.