OUTSYSTEMS BUG VERSION 10.0.823.0 (Detachment)

Hi everyone, this post is just to ALERT.

I've been doing the detach process for a month. So, when I finished that, I gone to test my app and I got this error.

Could not load type 'OutSystems.RuntimePublic.Audit' from assembly 'OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform

I thought it so weird, I opened the source code looking for something called Audit, and then I find out a file named Audit.cs, it's in the project RuntimePlatform -> RuntimePublic - > Audit.cs.

PlatformServer-10.0.823.0  PlatformServer-10.0.823.0

That file is empty: o.O

PlatformServer-10.0.823.0

PlatformServer-10.0.823.0

Well, I already had done detachment on other server it was platform server 10.0.405.0 and the file Audit.cs didn't exist there and I didn't any error. 

So on the platform server 10.0.405.0 it works fine.

PlatformServer-10.0.405.0PlatformServer-10.0.405.0

If you are doing detachment this is very useful information, take care and good luck. I hope that Outsystems make something to fix it.

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for sharing. I'm just curious on the size of the project or application that took you a month to complete the detachment process. Is the applications now working as you expected?

Solution

Robin Kouwen wrote:

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for sharing. I'm just curious on the size of the project or application that took you a month to complete the detachment process. Is the applications now working as you expected?

Hi Robin, It's something take long because we need copying the database,  detaching espaces one by one and then we have publishing it on IIS with visual studio.
It's not a simple thing to make, but it's not a big deal as well. I've not worked 8 hours a day to do this, however I started it a few weeks ago.

My environment is outsystems cloud, to get the data from data base it was necessary to create a VPN, for this I had to open a support case. Not to mention that when we lose a detail and need to publish the spaces again, we must redo the whole process to get source code updated.

Everything takes time.

I didn't finish yet, but now it's working good.

Best regards
Paulo Ricardo.

Solution

Hi Paulo,

Just being curious: why did you go for the detach option? Why say goodbye to OutSystems?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Paulo,

Just being curious: why did you go for the detach option? Why say goodbye to OutSystems?

HI, I'm not saying goodbye, my customer is. I just do what my client needs.
He have a small project, actually is a project Crud. Outsystems isn't cheap to be used that way.
So, I'm can not decide for my customer. :/

I understand, thanks for the info.