List_Navigation

Hi

Is it possible, to know which page number or previous or next button is clicked on the List_Navigation.

More Insight:

I've a list of contracts with are getting displayed in a table record list and List_Navigation attached to it. Max 5 records are displayed at time.

The problem here I'm facing, whenever, user clicks on the next button, it does not highlight or select the option button of the first record on a page but it selects the last record of the previous page

So' i wrote a function which is getting me the next record to highlight while travelling forward however, reverse parsing is not working. For which i thought if i could get the previous page and the current page number i could send this as an input to the function and do the parsing accordingly.

Or else, is there any other work around.

Regards

Sunil Babar

Hi Sunil,

You can use the List_Navigation_GetStartIndex action to retrieve the current index of a List_Navigation. However the problem you're describing suggests a misuse of the pattern. I suggest you create a list screen with the platform scaffolding functionality to build a solid reference and compare it with your implementation.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Hi Sunil,

List Navigation is really straightforward. No need for extra functions if you're using richwidget.

Not sure if I understand your doubts. 

- Have you set your list navigation as it is described on documentation. Verify if you did it as it is step by step described in the richwidget exercise (more or less page 18)

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/868/scaffolding-and-richwidgets-exercise/

- Do you have all dependencies?

Hope it Helps

Sunil Babar wrote:

Hi

Is it possible, to know which page number or previous or next button is clicked on the List_Navigation.

More Insight:

I've a list of contracts with are getting displayed in a table record list and List_Navigation attached to it. Max 5 records are displayed at time.

The problem here I'm facing, whenever, user clicks on the next button, it does not highlight or select the option button of the first record on a page but it selects the last record of the previous page

So' i wrote a function which is getting me the next record to highlight while travelling forward however, reverse parsing is not working. For which i thought if i could get the previous page and the current page number i could send this as an input to the function and do the parsing accordingly.

Or else, is there any other work around.

Regards

Sunil Babar

Hi Helena/Tiago

Thanks you so much for the reply!

Well, I re-checked and everything i did was right as mentioned by both you.  I did little bit of investigation and found a solution, which seems to be working for me now.

Below statement gets me the next or previous row and the associated contract id.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

ContractTable.List[ContractTable.List.CurrentRowNumber-5].Contracts.Id

Regards

Sunil Babar