Service Studio freezes when opening module

Service Studio freezes when opening module

Help needed!!

After publishing an application (I'm using for quite some time now) and re-opening the application in Service Studio, Service Studio keeps trying to fetch data. It keeps doing so until I select a (doesn't matter which) other function in Service Studio and then it freezes.

The consequence of this weird problem is that I cannot do any development in my application anymore.
The application itself is running without any problem.

I hope anyone can help me to solve this situation.

Solution

Hi Charles,

Try saving the eSpace from Service Center, then opening it without being connected to any environment. This should prevent the Fetching of data. Then close the Aggregate and republish. This should work, unless the eSpace itself is damaged somehow. In that case, you can also try to fix it by using the -recover option of Service Studio (from the command line).

Solution

Sorry, forgot to tell which version of Service Studio I'm using .... when stumbling on this problem the first time I was using 10.0.814.0. I've upgraded to 10.0.827.0 today, and still the same problem :-(

Charles,

I gave you a possible solution. Did you try it? You only talk about an upgrade of Service Studio.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Charles,

Try saving the eSpace from Service Center, then opening it without being connected to any environment. This should prevent the Fetching of data. Then close the Aggregate and republish. This should work, unless the eSpace itself is damaged somehow. In that case, you can also try to fix it by using the -recover option of Service Studio (from the command line).

Thnx Kilian, sorry, did'nt see your reply :-)
I'm going to give it a try ...

That did the job, great! Thnx Kilian.

Do you happen to know why this problem might have occurred? 

Not specifically, other than that it's a known issue of Service Studio to sometimes hang itself when fetching data.

So best not to publish an application when editing an aggregate ... just to be sure :-)

Yup, that would be a good rule of thumb :).

Hey Charles,

Just to let you know that, since the latest Service Studio version (10.0.830.0) is now possible to enable or disable automatic data preview for Aggregates. It’s available in Preferences > Queries.

Hope this also helps.

Nevertheless we will follow up on this problem, thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,

Thanks Vasco, I'll have a look at this new feature.