11. PlanetHopper - Stacked Card (the planets don't show up!)

11. PlanetHopper - Stacked Card (the planets don't show up!)

Doing the PlanetHopper tutorial, in the 11th video, even after doing the logout and the login again, it still doesn't show up the planets...

It still has an empty canvas on screen as Scott's screen on his first try. What could it be ?

I followed all the steps and achieved everything it is supposed to achieve until this step.

Thanks!

Solution

Hi fmlopes,

Check two things:

• That the data is in the server database. Right click on Entity Planet and select ViewData. The data for the planets should be there. If it's not there check the bootstrapping part.
  • If the data is in the database, then check that the data is in the device. In the inspect of google chrome check this:

There should be data in there. If it's not then check the synchronization part.

If this does not help you, share your oml. I can take a look.

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi fmlopes,

Check two things:

• That the data is in the server database. Right click on Entity Planet and select ViewData. The data for the planets should be there. If it's not there check the bootstrapping part.
  • If the data is in the database, then check that the data is in the device. In the inspect of google chrome check this:

There should be data in there. If it's not then check the synchronization part.

If this does not help you, share your oml. I can take a look.

Cheers,

José

1 - The data was on the server DB!

2 - Using the inspector I realized that the table was, in fact, empty. So I checked the synchronization part, as you suggested, and discovered the (simple) problem.

The SyncOnLogin had a "False" value instead of "True"...  My bad, maybe I saved a wrong version of the oml and moved on thinking everything was ok.

It's published and working, and now the data also appears on the inspector. Good tip, using the inspector indeed helps and I will certainly use the inspector more often from now on.

Best regards or "obrigado" :)