Get iOS and android app version from app store & play store respectively.

Get iOS and android app version from app store & play store respectively.

Hey , 

We need to display application version in the mobile app. But i am not sure how to get the app version from app store and play store through Outsystems .

I know we can easily get the version from the Lifetime, but how to get versions from stores ?

Any thoughts ?

Hi Akshay,

Can you try this component, I think it's what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Paulo Cação

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi Akshay,

Best regards,

Paulo Cação

Hey,

Thanks for the reply , but are you sure it retrieves build number from play store (android)  and app store (iOS) ?

Akshay Tank wrote:

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi Akshay,

Best regards,

Paulo Cação

Hey,

Thanks for the reply , but are you sure it retrieves build number from play store (android)  and app store (iOS) ?

I didn't test the component... In description of the component, go to the one that you need.

Paulo Cação wrote:

Akshay Tank wrote:

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi Akshay,

Best regards,

Paulo Cação

Hey,

I didn't test the component... In description of the component, go to the one that you need.

Hey , do you know if we can mention app version in the extensibility configuration and later on we read from that ?

Hi,

I dont understand your question. You can call in client action the action GetBuildInfo, and you receive the outputs with version, build etc etc. If you want, you can save output where you want.

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi,

I dont understand your question. You can call in client action the action GetBuildInfo, and you receive the outputs with version, build etc etc. If you want, you can save output where you want.

I was asking that if i do not want to use any plugin at all and want to retrieve version number which i will hardcode in Extensibility Configuration JSON schema, is there any way for that ?

Akshay Tank wrote:

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi,

I was asking that if i do not want to use any plugin at all and want to retrieve version number which i will hardcode in Extensibility Configuration JSON schema, is there any way for that ?

Hi! 

I think not.. I did not find reference how to do without the plugin