[Pushwoosh Plugin] RegisterDevice throwing error: Pushwoosh plugin not loaded

[Pushwoosh Plugin] RegisterDevice throwing error: Pushwoosh plugin not loaded

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 26 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
9 votes
Published on 26 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

hi,

I am using Pushwoosh plugin when i run on mobile i am getting error( RegisterDevice.Error )as "Pushwoosh plugin not present or not loaded" .

I am getting this error when i am trying to RegisterDevice in Login.

Thanks 

Hello Shruthi,

Please make sure you're following these steps, specially:

Next, add the “PushwooshNotifications” block to one of the following blocks of your application:

• The “Layout” block if your application has no login;
  • The "LayoutBlank" block if your application has login.

Another important note. When adding the "PushwooshNotifications" block, do not put it inside placeholders, because some are only available at design time and, at runtime, Pushwoosh won't work.

Also, please make sure you're testing this on a mobile device. Since it requires Cordova do work, you can't test it on your browser - and I'm 99.99% sure you can't test it on OutSystemsNow as well.

Let us know if this helps,

Armando

I am not using OutsystemsNow and Browser for testing, "Pushwooshnotifications" is added to LayoutBlank block (outside the placeholder).

I have attached my .oml please check if it is possible with your application code.

Hello Shruthi,

If you're putting an OML here, it should have no additional dependencies other than forge components.

Please fix that and we'll take a look.

Thank you

In the meantime, check this out. Has a working sample for an app to receive and a web application to send push notifications with Pushwoosh.

Please check the attached .oml

Hello Shruthi,

Using my own Pushwoosh Credentials, I'm able to receive notifications when the app is closed.

If you're looking into the issue about receiving the notification when the app is open, in that case you need to instantiate the PushwooshNotifications block on your Layout block [like if your application had no login] and then process the NotificationReceived event:

This should solve your issues.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance.