Is there a working version of OutBlogger available for someone new to OutSystems and trying to learn? (Both 1.0 and 1.1 that can be downloaded appear to have errors that prevent them from working.)
Hi John!

Welcome to the OutSystems Community!

The OutBlogger is an old sample, and was done for the 3.2 version of the Platform. As such, since in the 3.2 version of the Platform there were no "solutions" as we know them today, what you're missing are the references for the OutBlogger eSpace to run.

I just published a new version of the OutBlogger solution in the Solutions' area, and if you download it now and publish it in your Platform Server, it should work.

By the way, Keep in mind that this is a simple and pretty basic blog sample for the OutSystems Platform. This was created in 2006 and has not been updated since, so consider it as being deprecated nowadays - both OutSystems and Blog-wise.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
Paulo -

Thanks for your help in getting OutBlogger to work. Thanks especially for taking the time and trouble to create a "solution" and making it available. (Having tried Enterprise Management, Entities Management, Holidays Management, Resources and Meetings, Style Guide, etc., since installing OutSystems Express, I can only say that the concept of a "solution" is much nicer than having to publish separate components.)

'Simple and basic' is good for me for now, since I've been using OutSystems for only a few days. Your tutorial is very nicely done and helpful, but I need to look at some working applications to learn what can be done with OutSystems tools and how to do it.

Thanks again,

John Hacker
Hi John.

You're welcome - in fact, if I had been made aware of it earlier, I would have done it before! Shame on me for not keeping the solution up to date. Still, I hope that it helps you.

Should you have any more questions, do not hesitate to post here.

Good luck and best regards,

Paulo Tavares