[Microsoft Login Connector] Security vulnerability in Microsoft Login Connector

[Microsoft Login Connector] Security vulnerability in Microsoft Login Connector

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 6 Apr by Andreia da Costa Gaspar
4 votes
Published on 6 Apr by Andreia da Costa Gaspar

Hi,

When implementing this connector in my companies applications I've noticed a unwanted effect of the way this component works; by passing parameters to the OAuthLogin webscreen, you are exposing your client-secret of your (Azure AD-) app to the client. Since these webrequests are before authentication, your client can be anyone with or without malicious intentions.

In detail the following happens:
From a application's logic flow (in outsystems) you do a navigate to the OAuthLogin webscreen (with filled in screen parameters). This results in a HTTP 302 with redirect to [environment]/MicrosoftLoginConnector/CommonFlow.OAuthLogin.aspx including (including query parameters!) to your client's browser. These calls can be inspected via various http sniffing tools including your browsers developer tools (f12 > network tab). See attached image.

Having your clientid and clientsecret exposed could be a massive breach; for example, I was able to get an Active directory token with my apps permissions via the client credential flow (grant_type = client_credential on the /oauth2/token endpoint).

Are you able to fix this / do you need some help? I think that the most easy solution lies with a server side lookup of the clientsecret in a config tabel based on the client id for example.

Regards, Rob

Hi Andreia Gaspar,

Has this vulnerability been addressed already?
It will be a pity if we start forking this component while the fix seems to be very straightforward. 

Kind regards,

Robin