Deployment concerns

Please find the scenario below, could someone confirm my understanding is correct OR NOT.

EmployeeWebApp

Currently in Production, it consumes “SaveEmployee” server action from EmployeeService. I.e. it has a dependency with EmployeeService

Employee MobileApp

Currently In Production, It consumes GetEmployee Server action from EmployeeService.   I.e. it has a dependency with EmployeeService

Case 1

EmployeeService

Development Team@1 adding new ServerAction “GetEmployeeByStatus” for Another Application.

1.Both “EmployeeWebApp”  and  “EmployeeMobileApp” does not require to be build and deployed to PROD

Case 2

EmployeeService

Development Team@1 modifying ServerAction “SaveEmployee”

1.“EmployeeWebApp” needs to be build and re-deployed to PROD.

2. “EmployeeMobileApp” does not require to be build and deployed to PROD

Other understanding points

1.Module wise  Tagging NOT possible in OustSystem lifetime .

Could someone confirm my understanding is correct OR NOT.

Hi Sajesh,

You are correct in all the statements you've done.

Case 1: You do not need to update references, and redeploy to production. However, you will get a warning, stating that the references are outdated. This does not affect the functionality of the consumer modules. Just to be sure, I would refresh dependencies, and deploy to production anyway, to remove the warnings.

Case 2: If you want to have the new functionality added/modified in the SaveEmployee server action, you do need to refresh dependencies in EmployeeWebApp, and deploy the changes to production. Same story as in case 1 applies to the EmployeeMobileApp.

And at last, as far as I know, it is indeed not possible to tag versions modulewise (as it is not possible to deploy modules seperately).

Kind regards,

Sam