Hi,

maybe the title seems confusing, but I'm trying to find a solution for something like this: Whenever the user clicks on any item of a Combobox, another checkbox next to it will be disabled. Also I want to to have it the other way round: If a user checks the checkbox, the Combobox will be disabled.

In summary: I don't want the user to ever be able to choose both options (so either item in Combobox OR checkbox option!)

Thank you in advance :)

Hi,

So, what you want is:

checkbox NOT checked -> Combobox enabled.
checkbox checked -> Combobox disabled

Disabling the checkbox does not make sense for me, in your situation, as you would need an option to "deselect an option" in the combo box that would enable the checkbox...

I would simply associate the OnChange event of the checkbox with an action and in the action, test the associated variable against true. If the result is true, than disable the combobox, otherwise, enable the combobox.

This should be enough and less confusing to the user...

THere is any reason for you to really need to disable the checkbox?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

So, what you want is:

checkbox NOT checked -> Combobox enabled.
checkbox checked -> Combobox disabled

Disabling the checkbox does not make sense for me, in your situation, as you would need an option to "deselect an option" in the combo box that would enable the checkbox...

I would simply associate the OnChange event of the checkbox with an action and in the action, test the associated variable against true. If the result is true, than disable the combobox, otherwise, enable the combobox.

This should be enough and less confusing to the user...

THere is any reason for you to really need to disable the checkbox?

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

originally my idea was to have a Combobox with an Entity type and a Default value. Since I don't know how to do that, I am outsourcing the Default option as a checkbox.

Would you recommend a different approach?

Thanks.

For the "extra value" in a combo box, add it in the Special List.

You add a value and the text.
If you select this special value, the variable associate with the combobox will receive a NullIdentifier() value.

So, when you compare your variable against NullIdentifier() and the result is True, you know that the option chosen was the "special one".