[AdyenPlugin] Getting the card details and proceeding the payment after some logic - Adyen

[AdyenPlugin] Getting the card details and proceeding the payment after some logic - Adyen

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 7 Jul by Armando Gomes
1 vote
Published on 7 Jul by Armando Gomes

Hi,

Is it possible to save the card details before and make the payment after some action?

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hello Keerthi,

It depends on what you intend to achieve. If by "after some action" you mean something that implies the credit card details to be saved on the device/server, then you need to be PCI compliant.

If you're just looking to execute some client action before processing the payment, then you can trigger that on the development flow itself.

Either way, it implies changes to the plugin.

Cheers

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Keerthi,

It depends on what you intend to achieve. If by "after some action" you mean something that implies the credit card details to be saved on the device/server, then you need to be PCI compliant.

If you're just looking to execute some client action before processing the payment, then you can trigger that on the development flow itself.

Either way, it implies changes to the plugin.

Cheers

Thanks for the info,

I will explain the concept of what I am trying to achieve,

We have a court booking scenario,

the user will search for court and book the court based on its availability,

if he clicks the book option, I need to get users card detail and then a payment request will be sent to the club stating that the user is ready for payment and once the club accepts the payment request, the payment should be triggered from the card details which was entered by the user at the initial state.

the need for getting the card details priorly is that "sometimes users will stay idle on payment page without making any action", this will affect other users to book the court on the same time

Hello Keerthi,

According to Adyen's documentation, you're probably looking for pre-authorisations. That feature is not implemented - it will be, someday. As of today, I can't commit any reasonable date to implement that specific feature.

If you're looking for a custom solution, feel free to drop me a message.

Cheers