[IdP] IdP - Not getting GivenName Claim

[IdP] IdP - Not getting GivenName Claim

  
Forge Component
(25)
Published on 4 Jul by Telmo Martins
25 votes
Published on 4 Jul by Telmo Martins

Hi Telmo,

I'm facing an issue regarding the givenname claim, I think it's correctly configured on the connector but the name of the user is not being filled in. Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,


As you can see the name attribute is empty.


Thanks in advance,

Hi Juan,

The configuration seems fine. However it seems that you have some configured that not exists on the assertion, which is fine. Check if you are on the right user, i.e., the SAML NameId on the message is JBRUGGI@SA.XOM.com?

Regards

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi Juan,

The configuration seems fine. However it seems that you have some configured that not exists on the assertion, which is fine. Check if you are on the right user, i.e., the SAML NameId on the message is JBRUGGI@SA.XOM.com?

Regards

It's happening to all users, the thing is that the email address and Username are being filled in but the givenname not and we weren't able to find out why, do you have any idea?

Also I tried to use the same claim for Username in the givenname space, and it's not working too.

Thanks in advance,


Hi Juan,

Tested with that name and worked fine. Confirm that you have no space to trim on the configuration value. Also on your end user application you can also display for test purposes the result of "GetCurrentUserClaims" IdP public action to check if it was retrieved. If the problem persists you have to debug to find out what's the root cause.

Regards

Hi Telmo, I've been debugging IdP, do you know if the issue could be related to the Tenant Id being empty?

Thanks in advance,

Solution

Telmo, we found the issue and maybe you'll need to check the code. The Name_attribute on the following agregate (under Private-> DataToUserData->GetUserConfigurations) was not being updated despite we updated on the configuration section. We had to updated manually and now it's working as expected.

Regards,

Solution

Hi Juan,

Found no issue on that action regarding that.

However the component had an issue on the previous versions (already fixed) on which the user claims configuration was being duplicated on the database with empty values on one of the 'copies'. And the configuration screen was picking the right rows, at login time the empty rows were being returned.

Upgrading the component will prevent the empty copy from being created, but on environments that eventually the claims were already duplicated on the database, the extra copy must be manually deleted.

Regards.