Revert publishing solution - service center

Revert publishing solution - service center

Hi all,

Is there a way of reverting a Service Center solution to a previous state before publishing an older version of it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Each time you upload a solution a version is created. Publish an older version should do what you need.

On version 10 of Service Studio, the menu item can be found in the top menu when you have your solution open: Module -> Open other Version...

Hi Mariap,

download whatever version you want to revert and publish it.

Thanks,

PP

pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Mariap,

download whatever version you want to revert and publish it.

Thanks,

PP

This actually doesn't "revert" it. If you do it through Service Center as Nelson Suggested, that will not create a new version. If you do it by "Opening other version", a new version will be created.

I understand "it's just a new version" but, after doing this one thousand times, your database space will quickly fill.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Like I mentioned at first, the question is related to reverting Service Center solutions.

Each Service Center solution is composed by a group of modules, and this solution is a particularly large one. Therefore, opening each module individually in order to publish a different version, like some of you suggested, is not an option.

As you can see in the picture below, Version #7 dates from 2017-12-19. We wanted to publish the running version (row above version #7), but instead of publishing the solution as it was (or creating an updated version an publishing it), we clicked the version #7 "Publish" button by mistake. This action published the 2017-12-19 tagged versions of each module of the solution, and we intended to revert it in a quick and efficient way.

However, Service Center does not keep track of published solutions as it keeps from published modules, as the image posted by Armando, and therefore the revert process is quite painful. Having that said, I added this feature as an OutSystems idea here.

Our solution: we chose to deploy a higher environment version to the development environment, and then we opened the most recent version of the changed modules since last deploy (fortunately, just 4 or 5) and published them. That was the quickiest way we found to revert the publish.

Hello,

In those cases, what I usually - and see others - do is to have a "Factory" solution, with all the modules in the environment. Then, upon any server upgrade, I just publish that given solution so all the components are updated.

You can certainly automate the process, using system tables and, likely, the LifeTime API.