Finding tenant id of production data

Finding tenant id of production data

Hi there, 

I have some data in production that has been designated to a tenant id of a tenant that doesn't seem to exist (a botched data migration in the past). All I want to do is find which tenant id the data was migrated to so that I can migrate it from that tenant to a different tenant id (of an existing tenant). 

However, I can't view production data from Service Studio.

Is there an easy way of doing this? 

Kind regards, 

Cole

Hello Cole,

Three (somewhat) quick options: 

- Put server in development mode. Won't allow you to debug without republishing the modules, but will allow you to preview the data

- Expose tentant identifier (not recommended) and work with it.

- Directly connect to database. If it's a PaaS, check this article.

Cheers,

Armando

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Cole,

Three (somewhat) quick options: 

- Put server in development mode. Won't allow you to debug without republishing the modules, but will allow you to preview the data

- Expose tentant identifier (not recommended) and work with it.

- Directly connect to database. If it's a PaaS, check this article.

Cheers,

Armando

Dear Armando, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Normally I can view data in my development environment by previewing data, but if I switch across to my production environment I get the following warning when I try view production data: 

"Serer _____ is in Production Mode. Query Test feature is only available on Development Mode servers. "

When I check the mode, it is in development note (in Service Center): 

I'm probably not understanding something properly... 

What am I missing?

Thanks, 

Cole 

Hello Cole,

Without "putting hands to work", is a bit difficult for me to help you since I don't have access, at the moment, to servers allowed in production mode.

I recall, though, that the running mode was a dropdown. Not sure if that has changed on the latest platform versions.

My suggestion, on top of my head, would be to turn the debug mode on the eSpace (Operation tab) and republish the current version. Once this is done, try again.

If this doesn't help, I'm not sure if I can help anymore without, well, putting hands to work. You can also request OutSystems assistance in this case.

Cheers!