Dropdown Choice displays Different Numbers

Dropdown Choice displays Different Numbers

Hello everyone,

I'm developing an app for Mobile at the moment and am fairly new to Outsystems.

Currently, I have a dropdown list which I would like to use as a trigger to render more data below it depending on what is clicked on the dropdown.

Right now, I have an aggregate that correctly lists the data that I need below the dropdown (In a List Widget), but it lists ALL the data (which is every choice on the dropdown)

What I've Tried:

1) Tried to filter the record I want in the aggregate by using the variable value from the dropdown as a filter criteria (if I choose "A", then I should get only get the records in "A")

2) Making a Block that takes in correct parameters (still working on this) to display the info

Thanks,
Ala

Hi Ala,

Both approaches should work, though note that in case of a Block you need to catch the On Parameters Changed event so that you can refresh the Aggregate in case the Input Parameter with the filter value changes (because of a selection by the user).

The first approach should work as well, but you need to catch the On Change (if that's what it's called, I'm a bit rusty on Mobile) and do a Refresh Data on the Aggregate (the same as you need to do in the On Parameters Changed if you use a Block).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ala,

Both approaches should work, though note that in case of a Block you need to catch the On Parameters Changed event so that you can refresh the Aggregate in case the Input Parameter with the filter value changes (because of a selection by the user).

The first approach should work as well, but you need to catch the On Change (if that's what it's called, I'm a bit rusty on Mobile) and do a Refresh Data on the Aggregate (the same as you need to do in the On Parameters Changed if you use a Block).

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the response. I have tried so far to just filter the entity to produce the result I want but I haven't been getting the results I've wanted so far.

I will try to use the Block option. If I'm using the block, won't I need to also catch the OnChange in order to Initiate the OnParameter change as well?

Ala

Solution

Hi Ala,

If filtering the Entity doesn't work, you probably have some error in your Aggregate :). As for the On Parameter Change, you don't need to (and actually can't) intiate it via the On Change, the Platform deals with this automatically.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ala,

If filtering the Entity doesn't work, you probably have some error in your Aggregate :). As for the On Parameter Change, you don't need to (and actually can't) intiate it via the On Change, the Platform deals with this automatically.

Kilian,

You were correct. My Aggregate did have an issue which one of my colleagues helped me fix. We decided to use a block and it works great now.

Thanks for the help.
Ala

Good to hear it works Ala! Happy coding :).