Implement a HTML Document

Hey, I created an iFrame on HTML containing a little application I want to implement into one of my web apps in outsystems. Is there any way to do that?

Hey Daniel.

If I understood, you what to consume that iFrame on an Outsystems screen, correct?

If so, you can use an expression, setting the Escape Content to No and taking care of the Un-escape Expression Contents.

You can read more about this in this article - Expression Widget

Cheers,

GM

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hey Daniel.

If I understood, you what to consume that iFrame on an Outsystems screen, correct?

If so, you can use an expression, setting the Escape Content to No and taking care of the Un-escape Expression Contents.

You can read more about this in this article - Expression Widget

Cheers,

GM

I have an iFrame with a Source <iframe id="something" src="link to what I want to display"> </iframe>

What should I insert for "Value" and "Example" for my expression so that it displays the content?

I tried to insert the code fragment but that does not work. 

If I insert the iframe code fragment to a html document it displays the iFrame on the website. I just want to see what I see on the website in my outsystems application. Any way I can just implement the Source because all I need is to show the Source in my app

Hello Daniel,

I recommend you to take the online training on Web Development (https://www.outsystems.com/learn/).
You will find how the platform works and how to implement applications there.

In the Widgets I presentation you will find more about expressions, for example.

As Gonçalo did mention previously, you need to set the property Escape Content (Expression) to No. Otherwise, the platform will escape all the special characters in your code (you should put it into Value property) and the browser will interpret it as text instead of HTML.

The example is just that, an example, that will appear in the page in the canvas inside SS and its purpose is to you to make the page the most close to what is expected to be seen on it, so that other programmers understand easier how it is implemented. It's just a text that will appear in the canvas instead of the value.

Cheers. 

Solution

Hi Daniel,

Complementing what Gonçalo and Eduardo said.

The SilkUI has a iFrame block you can use in your screen. ALternativally you only need to drag it into your page and set the parameters

Best regards 

Fabio Fantato

Solution

Thanks for all the help I received!

I managed to do it with the SilkUI Addition and by using an expression (so I guess you all helped me out a lot ;P)

Ty for your time

Daniel