Get Input to Retain Text after Initiating Search

Get Input to Retain Text after Initiating Search

Hello everyone,

Currently,  I am developing a mobile app and came across something which I got stuck on.

I am working on a screen right now where a user does the following:

1) Goes to an input field, types something to search, and presses the "search" button
2) Search input "disappears"
3)Upon successful retrieval, the user gets back some useful information

However, I don't want step 2 to occur. I want the information which the user put into the field to be retained even after pressing add. This way the user can see what they searched for. Preferentially, I would even like the information to stay there until the user initiates a new search.

PS. I am fairly new to Outsystems. I know there is a search widget but the input block I'm working on has some fairly complex logic on it and I would like to see if there is a work-around or general idea I can follow to make it happen.

Thanks,
Ala

Solution

Ala Roshdieh wrote:

Hello everyone,

Currently,  I am developing a mobile app and came across something which I got stuck on.

1) Goes to an input field, types something to search, and presses the "search" button

However, I don't want step 2 to occur. I want the information which the user put into the field to be retained even after pressing add. This way the user can see what they searched for. Preferentially, I would even like the information to stay there until the user initiates a new search.

PS. I am fairly new to Outsystems. I know there is a search widget but the input block I'm working on has some fairly complex logic on it and I would like to see if there is a work-around or general idea I can follow to make it happen.

Thanks,
Ala

Hi, maybe you could save the search value on local variable first in the client action, and then before "end" reassign the value from local variable to search value text

Solution

Toto Hugo wrote:

Ala Roshdieh wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Ala

Hi, maybe you could save the search value on local variable first in the client action, and then before "end" reassign the value from local variable to search value text

Turns out its not as hard as I thought. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome :D