internal error

hi,

i have an error that is

Internal Error
Invalid compiler output.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception Details:
[1] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Database.DbBinaryInfo.GetDatabaseBinaryInfo(AbstractEntityAttribute binaryAttribute)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.NewRuntime.ServerController.ServerControllerCodeGenerator.GenerateRestEndpoints(IObjectWithServerSideController obj)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.NRFlows.WebFlow.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebFlows.WebHandler.Dump(IEnumerable`1 webFlows)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

how can i solve this.

chandru rajendran wrote:

hi,

i have an error that is

Internal Error

how can i solve this.

Hi Chandru, 

I would like to point you to an article I did about how to properly ask for help in the OutSystems Forum. If you follow the advice there, it will be much easier to solve the problem.

Said that, compilation errors are not easy to solve it. In general, they are temporary problems, or caused by a situation that is not allowed, but that the Service Studio failed to detect.

So, instead of us solving the problem for you, I think the best is to help you solve the problem by yourself, as this will improve your ability as a programmer. Sounds good to you?

Assuming that this is a problem in your code (cause most probable), lets start from there.

Looking to the message, we identify that the problem is probably related to one entity (or aggregate/sql), and probably related to a BINARY attribute, because the problem happens here:

OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Database.DbBinaryInfo.GetDatabaseBinaryInfo(AbstractEntityAttribute binaryAttribute)

So, first thing you need to ask yourself is: What changes I did to the application since the LAST time I publish it?

If you need to remember, you can compare your code with the one that is published. See here for more details: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Merge_the_Work/Compare_and_Merge_Module_Versions

Once you know exactly what you changed, try to identify changes you made to an entity/attribute, or changes you made to aggregates or SQL (including new aggregates / sql nodes).

The problem is probably there. To guarantee, you can remove temporarily a code to see if it is the culprit.

Finding the exact offending code is the first step in order to understanding the problem. If you don't understand why that code is causing the problem, come back here and show he code and the necessary info to understand it, so that we can help you with this.

Cheers.