Problems with Oracle Connection

Problems with Oracle Connection

Hello friends, I have the following problem when I try to connect to an Oracle database. I have the following settings: 1) Oracle database express version 11g R2 and successfully installed as image 1. 2) OutSystems Platform version 10.0.830.0. successfully installed as image2. 3) Oracle listener services started according image 3. So, could anyone help me understand why I can not get this connection through OutSystem database Connections (image 2) ? (
attachment .PDF file)
Solution

Hi Paulo,

As I can see from your screenshots you're trying to access a database on your local machine from the OutSystems Personal Cloud.

*** Only continue reading when you know what you're doing. Your system can be under attack when you don't! ***

The only way to make this possible is by making your local machine visible from the internet by opening the ports on your router and setting up a decent firewall & NAT proxy.

WHen you know the external IP address of your internet connection, you can access your database from the personal cloud.

*** Only try the above on your own risk ***

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution
Hello Remco,

I understand and I prefere not continue with these tests. 

Thank you for the informations. Regards, Paulo.

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Paulo,

As I can see from your screenshots you're trying to access a database on your local machine from the OutSystems Personal Cloud.

*** Only continue reading when you know what you're doing. Your system can be under attack when you don't! ***

The only way to make this possible is by making your local machine visible from the internet by opening the ports on your router and setting up a decent firewall & NAT proxy.

WHen you know the external IP address of your internet connection, you can access your database from the personal cloud.

*** Only try the above on your own risk ***

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga