Very strange bug using buttons inside list records

Very strange bug using buttons inside list records

Hi everyone,

I am currently running into a very strange bug...

I defined a button inside a list records widget. The action triggered on click is using the Submit method without verification. All the buttons display correctly on screen but the behavior when clicking them is not correct. When I click on the first button displayed, the action performed is actually the action of another button that should not even be visible for the current user. When I click on the other buttons, then my action is not performed, the screen reloads and becomes very strange (see the picture attached).

When I move the button outside of the list records then it works as expected. What is strange is that I have other views with buttons inside list records widgets and I've never had this issue before.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a sample example, but maybe one of you encountered a similar bug?

Thanks a lot!

Raise an error ticket so Support guys can take a look. If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed.

Hey Kevin,

Does the action triggered by the buttons receive any input parameter? Are you using the current list position inside the action? Is your platform running on .Net or Java stacks?

Cheers,

Tiago.

@Kevin

Are you using Ajax Refresh in your action? Why are you using "Submit"? Try change the method to "Ajax Submit".

Hi Tiago,

I simplified as far as possible the action triggered to see if the bug persist, and it does. For testing purpose, the action now does not take any input paramater, nor use the current list position inside. It just runs a javascript alert. My platform is running on .Net stack.

Hi João,

As explained above, the action has been simplified just to run a javascript alert. However, I was using Submit because I wanted the whole screen to be refreshed afterwards.

I've just tried to change it to "Ajax Submit" but the bug persists. I also tried with a link instead of a button, without success...

What I did not mention is that I am using another button in that list records and this one is working just fine...

Thank you for your help!

Kevin Boyeldieu wrote:

As explained above, the action has been simplified just to run a javascript alert. However, I was using Submit because I wanted the whole screen to be refreshed afterwards.

Please beware that alerts indeed do not always work.

Better use console.log to test.

Nonetheless, we are just guess here, it's better to provide a new module where the issue also occurs.

J. wrote:

Nonetheless, we are just guess here, it's better to provide a new module where the issue also occurs.

I am trying to reproduce this bug on a fresh module, without success for the moment. I will let you know if I manage to achieve that.

@Kevin

Any news regarding this subject?

I am curious still...

Solution

Hi João,

Sorry for the delay.

It turned out that my whole web block (containing that list records widget) was embedded in a link, hence the unexpected action triggered when clicking the first button and the overall undefined behavior. My mistake...

Solution