input box reset after esc was pressed

hello,

the keyboard key "esc" seems to be related to reset data of input box, how can i avoid this?  

btw, i use google chrome, i don't know if this matters.

thanks

Hi,

This behaviour is implemented by OutSystems if input widgets are placed inside a form widget (see https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Reference/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Form_Widget)

So if you place your inputs outside a form widget, the behavior is not implemented. However if that is of any use for your project I can not oversee.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Sun,

You can have some javascript logic like below to stop this behaviour.

$(document).keydown(function (e) {
    if(e.keyCode==27){
     e.preventDefault();
    }
});

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Hi Sun,

You can have some javascript logic like below to stop this behaviour.

if(e.keyCode==27){
     e.preventDefault();
    }
});

Regards

-PJ-

thank you, i tried but it didn't work.  

however, why i have to set keyCode == 27 ? or what shoud i do to get the default keycode of "esc" ?

Best wishes

Sun

Hi Sun,

On computer keyboards, the Esc key (named Escape key in the international standard series ISO/IEC 9995) is a key used to generate the escape character (which can be represented as ASCII code 27 in decimal. So when you press a key this will tell you if the key pressed is ESC key or not .

You can also try to change is like this ..

if(e.keyCode==27){
    return false;
    }
});

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Hi Sun,

On computer keyboards, the Esc key (named Escape key in the international standard series ISO/IEC 9995) is a key used to generate the escape character (which can be represented as ASCII code 27 in decimal. So when you press a key this will tell you if the key pressed is ESC key or not .

You can also try to change is like this ..

if(e.keyCode==27){
    return false;
    }
});

Regards

-PJ-

thanks for your reply again, it still didn't work, i'm not sure if I set this logic in the right position. I'm new here. XD!

can you offer more detail ? thanks

Best

Sun